Are you interested in working in an outdoor setting and living in a beautiful Provincial Park for the summer?
If you are an outdoors enthusiast, a people-oriented person who works well independently, you have your own RV set-up and can be in a remote location, we may have a position for you!
This position includes full-time living at the park, RV not provided, with a few paid hours of maintenance work in the morning and a few paid hours of customer
care in the evening, 7 days a week, from May 1 to September 30th.
Arrow Lakes Provincial Park (Shelter Bay Site) is located along the shores of the Upper Arrow Lake Reservoir adjacent to the Shelter Bay ferry terminal on Highway # 23, 50 km south of Revelstoke. The park is a popular destination for fishers and boaters. The campsites within the park have spectacular views of the lake and the surrounding towering mountains. The park has a concrete boat launch and swimming beach. Amenities at this lakeside campground include two pit toilets and has 17 sites each with a fire ring and picnic table.
We are looking for an individual or a couple to look after this beautiful little park for the summer. After reading this ad, if you have question or are interested, email your resume to [email protected]
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Practical experience in the use and maintenance of grounds keeping equipment
- Sales experience (balancing funds, accurate cash outs)
- Public safety and security – managing public behaviour
- Visitor/customer service in a park or campground setting
- Local knowledge of visitor opportunities
- Janitorial and facility maintenance experience
- Ability to work individually and self motivated.
- Good organizational skills and initiative in a high paced work setting
- Excellent communication skills and public relations abilities
- Engage in Operational Maintenance duties including daily clean up of campsites, washrooms, and day use areas within a provincial park
- Follow Park work plan with the Park Quality Control program, task lists, daily/weekly work tasks, and on-going projects – places priority on deficiencies that pose a risk to public safety and takes immediate steps to mitigate.
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Plan.
- Successfully execute park security gaining voluntary compliance with visiting public.
- Conduct sales of park use permits and firewood
- Accurately enter data on tracking system.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Current First Aid certification – minimum 8 hr. recognized course at employee’s expense
- A Driver’s Abstract and a Criminal Record Check will be undertaken upon hiring
If interested, email your resume to [email protected]